Biotechnology Forums
GATE BT-2017 Answer Key | Solutions Discussion - Printable Version

+- Biotechnology Forums (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com)
+-- Forum: Education and Careers (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com/forum-26.html)
+--- Forum: Competitive Exams (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: GATE BT-2017 Answer Key | Solutions Discussion (/thread-7776.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: GATE BT-2017 Answer Key | Solutions Discussion - RONIT SHARMA - 02-28-2017

(02-28-2017, 11:08 PM)SunilNagpal Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 10:23 PM)RONIT SHARMA Wrote: And asn was "115" only.
Hello Ronit,

Sorry, the internet connection is quite erratic while traveling...

Going by the question, it says that each mole of carbon in glucose gets converted into 0.25 moles of carbon in Ethanol

So in my view, one should simply look for how many carbons per mole of glucose get converted into ethanol:

So, for 1 mole of glucose having 6 carbon moles, ethanol shall be able to get 6/4 moles of carbon.

Given this fact, in 1800 gram of glucose (equivalent to 10 moles of glucose), there are 60 moles of carbon (C6H12O6). So, ideally, ethanol should get 60/4 = 15 moles of carbon.

Now, Ethanol is C2H5OH, so it's expected that one should get 7.5 moles of ethanol to satisfy the carbon balance.

So, total ethanol produced should be 7.5 X mol. Wt of ethanol
Opps, now got it. I got the answer. Thanks bro :-) its 345 only.

RE: GATE BT-2017 Answer Key | Solutions Discussion - CHANDA7 - 03-01-2017

(02-28-2017, 10:13 PM)SunilNagpal Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 10:04 PM)CHANDA7 Wrote: Sir,
In this case the male individuals of the first generation will not be affected, because their x chromosome comes from mother and none of them is affected....
Perfectly right, female non carrier thing is not needed here. Thanks for correcting me. Even if the first mother is a carrier, isn't there always a possibility to have carrier only female progenies? I mean birth of each son/ daughter is an isolated event and there always exists a possibility of unaffected females by being a carrier...
I think the GATE official Answer key is correct.
Let us consider the parent female carrier. The males of 1st generation receives only the affected chromosome from mother while the females receive the unaffected chromosome from their mother.
And the affected males of the 1st generation marry to carrier females. The affected x chromosome from these females pass to the next generation males.
Someone earlier stated that if the female parent is carrier then 50% of the females would be affected.. yes, according to probability, 50% should be affected...but in reality what is the guarantee that the gametes will pass to the next generation strictly according to probability??? And we should keep in mind that pedigree is the pictorial representation of a family.... So in that case, we have to consider all the realistic possibilities.....Not only mathematical calculation.....
If anything wrong, please correct me....
THANKS....
(02-28-2017, 10:23 PM)RONIT SHARMA Wrote: And asn was "115" only.

(02-28-2017, 10:13 PM)SunilNagpal Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 10:04 PM)CHANDA7 Wrote: Sir,
In this case the male individuals of the first generation will not be affected, because their x chromosome comes from mother and none of them is affected....
Perfectly right, female non carrier thing is not needed here. Thanks for correcting me. Even if the first mother is a carrier, isn't there always a possibility to have carrier only female progenies? I mean birth of each son/ daughter is an isolated event and there always exists a possibility of unaffected females by being a carrier...

RE: GATE BT-2017 Answer Key | Solutions Discussion - SunilNagpal - 03-01-2017

Mathematics/ Probability suggests that any of the possible outcomes can happen at a given event with varied degree of chances (so one should not assume/ expect all those possible outcomes to take place). Any one outcome may happen all the time (on tossing a coin, you have 50% Probability for each outcome on each toss, so as a matter of fact you can keep getting heads all the time or tails all the time as well).

Similarly in the given case, each birth is an isolated event. Whereas there are many outcomes possible, it is very much possible that only carrier females or only affected males keep taking birth)...

RE: GATE BT-2017 Answer Key | Solutions Discussion - ajanthpraveen - 03-01-2017

i pray god that cutoff should be 30 or less

RE: GATE BT-2017 Answer Key | Solutions Discussion - sngm - 03-01-2017

345 AND Y LINKED IS CORRECT KEY ABSOLUTELY....

BT COMPLIMENT ACTIVATION ... ND MEMBRANE......CONFUSED ME...

PROTEIN SQNS ALSO RIGHT..

KOINHI THNKX for justify.. Each q,s bt .

Hm log k liye itna complicated q,s kyun...
Av bchhe h......hm log .

RE: GATE BT-2017 Answer Key | Solutions Discussion - sadaf188 - 03-01-2017

masthanbashaCHANDA7consider the case when the parent female and all the 1 St generation females are carrier..... It will show x-linked recessive trait...yes it is y linked only * if the daughters are carriers then the representation of carrier will shown as circle half shaded * x linked recessive is occurs in alternate generations but it is not given in the chart*if it is x linked recessive  progeny half of the progeny will be affected....but it does not follow in the given chartSo, that answer must be Y LINKED ONLY for more information refer "LIFE SCIENCES PART II" books by pranav kumar and usha mina page no : 43
if d disease is y linked only....all the men of all generation will be affected but this is not true

RahulKgaurang94I think the answer given in ans. key is right...Please consider my explanation in the below image.
if the disease is y linked then all d male in next gen will be affected..... so disease cannot be y linked.....whereas x linked recessive only satisfies the answer

sadaf188can anyone answer this question no. 16 of question paper?For y=f(x), if d2y/dx2=0, dy/dx=0 at x=0,and y=1 at x=1, the value of  at x=2 is................?

plz someone help me with d answer of this question.
my answer is 8 but in answer key its 1
I want to challenge the answer key.plz anyone help me

RE: A GATE BT Marks Survey Page - SunilNagpal - 03-01-2017

(02-28-2017, 05:31 AM)reviewer21 Wrote: Hello all,

Considering the apparent requirement of a survey page for GATE Marks, we have created a dedicated page for you people. Feel free to use the same. Please pardon us for the errors, if any (it was developed in quite a haste):

http://www.biotechnologyforums.com/opinion-polls/gate-biotech-marks-opinion-poll.html

I guess if atleast 1000 votes are made on this survey, one will get a fair idea of the cut off...sharing on FB groups or related communities would be good to get max participation.

sadaf188can anyone answer question no. 49 of ques paper?A zero oder liquid phase reaction  A__k__>B, is being carried out in a batch reactor with k=10-3 mol/min, if the starting conc. of A is 0.1 moles/ liter, the time (in minutes) taken by the system before A is exhausted in a 100liter reactor is...............?

my answer of this question is 10000 but answer key says 100....is anyone there wid same problem