sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can cells be grown in exogenous supply of Malonyl-CoA and Malate? Need Help
(10-17-2012, 07:55 AM)billamin Wrote: thanks for the reply sir. should i also suppliment oleic acid with palmitic acid (a combination of saturated & unsaturated FA precursors or the cell is able to take care of this matter using its own sets of saturases & desaturases)? and regarding my other reagent->Malate. A part of my experiment actually involves inhibiting the conversion of pyruvate to oxalocetate. Since oxaloacetate transporters are not present in the mitochondrial membrane, i have assumed that the same is also the case in the plasma membrane. Is this a valid assumption? Focusing on this assumption, i hypothesised that malate, whose transporters are present in mitochondrial membrane, and is readily converted to oxaloacetate by MDH, can be supplimented in place of oxaloacetate. please help me out in this matter. thank you.

Dear Billamin, Add palmitic acid along with oleic acid as suppliment. As like mitochondrial membrane, Oxaloacetate transporters are also not present in cell membrane.
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need solution - by ExpertScie - 10-17-2012, 12:24 AM
RE: Need solution - by billamin - 10-17-2012, 01:34 AM
RE: Need solution - by ExpertScie - 10-17-2012, 03:01 AM
RE: Need solution - by billamin - 10-17-2012, 07:55 AM
RE: Need solution - by ExpertScie - 10-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post