sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore
(10-21-2013, 04:38 PM)rahulmishra.iitk Wrote: Hi Sunil,
I had a query regarding NUS graduate admissions in PhD. I did my B.tech from college of technology Pantnagar, (Uttarakhand) in 2008 and M.tech from IIT kanpur in 2010 . My specialization is fluid and thermal science. Currently I am working in Siemens as software developer. In 2008 my gate percentile was 98.93. This year (2013) my gate percentile is 95.5. I dont have GRE/TOEFL. What is the probability for me getting the full time scholarship. B.tech 2008 72% M.Tech 2010 8.5/10 No publication Working as software developer in CAE domain. My M.Tech thesis was based on Bio Fluid Mechanics and applied in the BioTech Dept. in NUS.

Hi Rahul!

Don't worry about being eligible for Full-time scholarship, you are eligible for the same. In fact every applicant with a GATE percentile of above 90 is eligible to apply and hence is eligible for scholarship as well.

You just need to crack the interview (you will get the interview call soon). The process is indeed very simple, just be true to them regarding what you know, and avoid pretending about knowledge/idea of something you lack.

They look more for the attitude and aptitude of the person while they talk to you during interview than your core technical knowledge.

Hope it helps.

All the best!

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore - by SunilNagpal - 10-22-2013, 04:46 AM
RE: Tips Admission | NUS vs NTU - by SunilNagpal - 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
gate score and admission - by vishakha - 03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
requirement for NUS admission - by sree2529 - 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 14,743
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Last PostAnkit