sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore
(07-08-2014, 07:51 PM)chiraganand1 Wrote: Hi Sunil,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Will get in touch with the professors. One more thing.. for phd do i need to decide the topic now itself?

Hi Chirag,

Sorry for the late response. You need not to decide the topic but it's recommended that you do so, as it increases the chances of your selection. It actually reflects your conviction for the position, and how passionate you are to pursue a quality degree.

But as I mentioned in one of my posts, be prepared for the question "Would you still like to join us if we provide you a different project/topic?"

Hope it answers your query.

Best Regards
Sunil

(07-09-2014, 11:33 PM)vsdaking Wrote: Hi Sir.
I wanted to know your view on the same as mentioned above -
I scored a 97.8 percentile in the GATE 2014 (C.Sc. & IT) examination.
However, I have a (relatively) lower-off college score of 2.65/4.0 CGPA which is equivalent to about 66%. Would I be eligible for the M.Sc. by Coursework programme offered by NUS / NTU ? Despite having low scores, I have a good record of extra-curricular activities and work-ex (6-month internship at Reliance Infra + leading Investment Banking firm - both in the Tech field) and also as a Business Development Head at a startup for 5 months. Whilst my score is low, I believe it also qualifies as Second Class Honours (Upper Class or 2:1) as it is above 60% aggr.
Any advice you can proffer shall be highly looked upon and appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Vidyut

Hi Vidyut,

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes you can apply but keep the option of self sponsorship open (coursework programs often don't get scholarship aid). I would also suggest you to apply through ASTAR considering your overall profile. If you apply for PhD, I'm sure you'll get an interview call (if you contact a professor in advance).

Best wishes

Sunil

(07-26-2014, 04:00 AM)Chirag Chakraborty Wrote: hello sir,
I will be giving my gate exam in 2015 but i need to apply for phD in NUS before hand. So i just needed to know can i apply directly for phD through GATE? or do i need to follow some other procedure? I am not getting a clear idea from university's site. please help.

Hi Chirag,
You will need a valid GATE qualification proof before applying for PhD admission. In case your result is awaited and you are sure of qualifying the exam, then you can apply for the admission by mentioning "Result Awaited/to be submitted during interview" at qualifying exam option. Also, it's recommended by NUS to contact the respective faculty admin and mention about your case before-hand. You may find the link to the contacts here: LINK TO CONTACS OF ADMINS AT NUS

Best Regards

Sunil

(08-09-2014, 04:42 AM)Pon Janani Sugu Wrote: Hi..
I had applied for Jan 2015 PhD intake in NUS and got an interview call. Does that mean i got shortlisted or will they call everyone applied for interview?

My profile: UG - B.Tech Biotech (GPA- 8.95), GATE 2012 qualified (85 percentile),
PG- M.Tech Nanotech (GPA- 8.74) ,GRE (311), journal publications(2)

How about my chance of getting thro?

Hi,

First of all congratulations for the interview call ! They don't call everyone for the interview, and it was because of your very good GPA both in B.Tech and M.Tech, coupled with a good GRE score. Your journal publications will give you an edge over many I'm sure.

You are not shortlisted for the admission yet (your interview and a communication test will decide that). But, according to me, you have very high chances of grabbing a seat.

Best wishes

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore - by SunilNagpal - 08-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: Tips Admission | NUS vs NTU - by SunilNagpal - 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
gate score and admission - by vishakha - 03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
requirement for NUS admission - by sree2529 - 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 14,782
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Last PostAnkit