sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore
(03-31-2015, 04:57 AM)shjos Wrote: Hello Sir,
Let me introduce myself.  I am Shilpa ,I have completed my BE in Electronics and Communication (2012 pass out)- 81% and my GATE Score : 593(GATE rank : 2930)
I am currently working in a Software company & have 2 years of work experience .I am interested in doing my M.Eng from Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering from NUS using my GATE score .
I would like to know what are my chances of getting selected on the basis of the above profile as I have not published any research papers, my final year project was also a very average one and with my current GATE score it is very difficult to get into in any good college in India so I wanted to explore other options.
Do we need to have an interaction with faculty of our interest in order to confirm our admission
Will they consider me for scholarship and what are job prospects on completion of the course?
The last date for applying is May 15, 2015 and I have very little time so could you please help me out.
I shall be highly obliged if you could guide me.
Thank you once again and awaiting your reply.

Regards,
Shilpa

Hello Shilpa,
You can get a call from NUS based on your profile,irrespective of your publications. The only hiccup being the fact that scholarship funds are offered to PhD candidates in preference. You may or may not  get supported by scholarship.
Contacting professors is advisable  for PhD coursework. You may still try if you wish to make an attempt.

You may try for PhD if you have an interest in pursuing it.

Hope it helps.

Best wishes

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore - by SunilNagpal - 03-31-2015, 01:27 PM
RE: Tips Admission | NUS vs NTU - by SunilNagpal - 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
gate score and admission - by vishakha - 03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
requirement for NUS admission - by sree2529 - 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 14,744
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Last PostAnkit