sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New Members - Introduce Yourself Here
Hi My name is Arundhathi,

After having various discussions and meetings with various Consultants and College officials I have come to the following conclusions. Please have your valuable comments on the same.

1. I have been advised to do my Under graduation in Canada instead of USA due to two reasons.
a. Cost of study.
b. Processing of Permanent visa.( The visa can be obtained in 3 years)
They suggested that once I have a Canadian Passport I can always go and work or study MS in USA.

Now on the course to choose I have been very strongly advised to take up Biotechnology Engineering Course as against Bachelors for getting placements easily and also to get into a better job.They also said that it would be better to do an engineering course than a bachelor of science if I want to join the manufacture and production of drugs rather than research of the same. Is this true??

I was advised as to join a Diploma course for 3 years and start to work and then study one more year at a reputed university in Canada and get my diploma to a degree level ,while working and then join at a higher level.

Do you think this is advisable?

Also is there any difference in terms of value between Canadian and US courses ? Also will it have any impact in future for my career prospects?

I want to keep the costs minimal and want to get a good certified degree or diploma which will ensure that I can start working with a decent pay at the end of my course.I can reduce my expenditure significantly if do my undergraduate studies in Canada.

Is there a difference in pay between a diploma holder and a degree holder and if so how significant is it? As you know if I do my undergraduate studies in Canada I will take one more year of biotechnology to further my diploma into a degree,but will this be less credited than a full time degree in Canada or the U.S.
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
New Members - Introduce Yourself Here - by Cøle - 02-09-2017, 10:26 PM
New Members - Introduce Yourself Here - by Ashhad - 08-02-2017, 05:07 AM
Introducing myself - by bvs science freak - 09-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Hello - by Max19 - 09-25-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: Hello - by Charles - 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Introduction - by pinoydeen - 05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Introduction - by Jessica - 05-03-2013, 09:52 PM
New member says hello to everyone - by amyhua - 08-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Newbie Intro. - by Blaine - 10-02-2013, 06:52 PM
RE: New Members - Introduce Yourself Here - by arundhathi - 03-01-2014, 11:12 PM