Popular biotech products
The firm’s first biotech product was the diagnostic test kit for testing the rabies virus. The firm also markets the product ReoPro that is indicated for treatment of coronary angiography.
Another drug known as Remicade developed by Centocor is indicated in patients with plaque psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, Crohn’s disease, spondylitis, ulcerative colitis in children and ankylosing spondylitis.
Other products by this company include the following:
• Simponi Aria
• Simponi golimumab
• Procrit epoetin alfa – is used in treatment of anemia due to chronic kidney disease conditions.
• Doxil – is indicated for patients with cancer
The firm received FDA approval in the year 2013 for Simponi aria which is used as an infusion for treating patients with rheumatoid arthritis. In the same year the firm released the drug Ibrunitib indicated for treatment of 2 β – cell malignancies.
Yet another drug named Simponi Golimumab received FDA approval on 16th of may 2013. This drug is indicated in patients with ulcerative colitis.
In the year 2012, the US FDA approved the expansion of the drug Zytiga for treatment of metastatic castration – resistant prostate cancer.
Recent company takeovers
The firm has entered into collaborations with several other firms for extending its area of research and widening the product development plant. The following is a list of the company’s acquisitions that has enabled it to take part in new research and clinical trials for development of drugs and diagnostic tools for the world at large.
• In the year 2008, the company entered into partnership with Ortho Biotech Inc, and thus gave birth to Centocor Ortho Biotech, Inc.
• The year 2010, Centocor Ortho Biotech joined hands with RespiVert. This merger opened new avenues for development of small molecule drugs and inhalation therapies for treatment of pulmonary diseases.
• It was in the month of June, 2011, that the company was rechristened as Jassen Biotech, Inc due to its global merger with Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
Recent corporate news
Centocor was acquired by Johnson and Johnson which raised the company’s annual sales from $500 million to much more than $2 billion. This acquisition, also caused increase in the investment in research and development from $75 million to $300 million.
In addition, in the year 2000, the Dutch plant of this firm saw an expansion with an investment of about $250 million. In the year 2007, the Centocor introduced its first very own advertising film known as Innerstate for marketing the drug Remicade.
The work culture at Centocor is very professional and at the same time quite friendly. The company considers its employees as its assets and rewards them for their hard work and achievements. Employees love to work in such an environment. They work very hard to develop innovative drug therapies for treating deadly disease conditions.
Since the time of its inception each year has been a successful year for Centocor Inc. The firm has several achievements to its credit through its constant research and development. The year 2013 has been an eventful year for the drug IBRUNITAB. The following is a list of interesting events of the company:
• In the year 2013, the research results on the drug Ibrutinab were published in the New England Journal of Medicine. The results revealed that this drug was 68% effective when given to patients with relapsed or refractory mantle cell lymphoma.
• In the same year, the firm released the phase II data of Ibrunitab. The drug was found to be effective against relapsed or refractory mantle cell or diffuse large β – cell lymphoma.
• Richer Petty joined hands with the firm for launching the prostate cancer awareness program.
• The drug ibrunitab received designations from the U.S. Food and Drug administration for third breakthrough in the field of oncology.
• The follow up data for the drug Zytiga shows that this drug is successful in delaying the progression of metastatic castration – resistant prostate cancer in patients who have received chemotherapy as part of the treatment regime.
• The firm submits reports for approval of Stelera in the US and Europe. This drug is indicated for treatment of active psoriatic arthritis.
• The firm released its phase III findings of the drug Stelera in the year 2012. The results revealed that this drug significantly decreased the symptoms of active psoriatic arthritis.
• In the year 2012, Centocor released the phase III findings of the drug intravenous glomimumab. This drug is indicated in conditions of active rheumatoid arthritis and significantly inhibited the radiographic progression in these patients.
• The firm Centocor announced the development and commercialization of JAK inhibitor for immunological diseases.
Recent job openings
The firm has a powerhouse of experienced professionals, but at the same time more and more people are required to carry the good work forward. For more information, individuals can visit the website and keep an eye on the vacancies section. If any vacancies related advertisement is spotted they can drop in their resume and wait for their screening process. The recruitment of experienced candidates is an on-going process.
For students who wish to work with this firm must have a full time degree program and should have received any of these degrees – BA, BS, MA, MS, PhD in the past 1 year. Centocor seeks vibrant and passionate individuals who are willing to work hard and are eager to achieve something in their career. Students are recruited only during selected months of the year – August and November. But, those who wish to apply for an internship program can apply during the months of December and February.