This company was the developer of HuCal, which is the first antibody library technology in the field of pharmaceuticals. It develops antibodies for the treatment of various diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, and many more.
Popular biotech products
The firm has developed about 80 biotech products; of which 20 are in the clinical trial phase. Of these products, the firm’s most important and effective program is the MOR 103 which is indicated for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis. This program was developed in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline.
MorphoSys AG is constantly striving to develop therapeutic products that will be of benefit to patients living with various disease conditions. Of late, the firm has several products in the pipeline that are yet to hit the market. These drugs have been listed below:
• BAY 94-9343
• CNTO 3157
All of the above mentioned products have completed the phase I of clinical trials and are now either in the second or the third phase of trials.
Recent company takeovers
MorphoSys AG recognizes and understands the importance of collaborations and partnerships with other firms. This firm has developed several products in partnership with several other biopharmaceutical firms. It has rich reputation of positive alliances with other firms. The following list speaks of the alliances of this firm:
• The firm collaborated with Astellas Pharma in the year 2007. The next year, Atellas Pharma decided to extend the agreement for 4 more years.
• The firm joined hands with Bayer health care and the partnership lead to the development of BAY 94-9343 for treatment of cancers.
• It also partnered with Contrafect in 2011, Boehringer Ingelheim in 2010, Daiichi Sankyo in 2006 and Kaneka in 2007.
• MorphoSys AB also entered into alliance with Heptares in the year 2013 and both the firms have signed an agreement for discovering a novel antibody therapeutic targeting GPCRs.
• The alliance with Jassen Biotech witnessed the development of 2 products that are in the clinical trial stage.
• The firm signed a 5 year license agreement with Merk & Co. to use the parent firm’s HuCAL GOLD and AutoCAL technologies.
• In the year 2004, the firm joined hands with Novartis and developed multiple active therapeutic antibody programs.
• The firm also entered into collaboration with Oncomed pharmaceuticals and developed OMP-18R5 for treatment of cancers.
• MorphoSys also collaborated with Pfizer, PronChon Biotech and Roche. These collaborations witnessed the development of drugs that will be used for treatment of diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer.
Recent corporate news
The stock price as of December 2012 was € 29.30 and the total number of shares issued are 23, 358, 228.
The work culture at MorphoSys is very positive and at the same time vibrant. The company has 3 core values – honesty, trust and respect. The employees of this firm are given enough opportunity to gain experience and grow and develop world class antibody therapeutics. The work environment at this firm is attractive and of international standards with committed and hardworking employees who leave no stone unturned for churning out the best drugs.
MorphoSys AB also has several benefits for its employees which includes incentives, bonuses for exemplary performance and flexible working hours. The firm also has a Biokids day care center for mothers who wish to come to work but cannot with their small kids. They can leave their kids at day care center and concentrate on their work
MorphoSys AG takes part in several interesting events of its interest and also is always in the news due to its development of novel antibody therapeutic technologies. The current year has indeed been an eventful year for this firm. The following list speaks of some of the interesting events to have taken place in 2013.
• The firm participated in the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Health Conference and Berenberg Bank and Goldman Sachs Second German Corporate Conference.
• The firm published its 9 months report in the month of July.
• In the month of August, the firm closed its collaboration with Celgene and increased its financial guidance.
• In addition, MorphoSys and Celgene join hands again to advance the CD 38 cancer program MOR202 for patients suffering from multiple myeloma.
Recent job openings
The firm is forever on the hunt for new and dynamic individuals with analytical minds who can take the firm to newer heights. The following is a list of job openings with this firm:
• Assistant to the Chief Development Officer: In this, the individual is responsible for handling all the tasks for smooth functioning of the back office as well as help the chief development officer to fully concentrate on his or her tasks. Interested candidates need to hold a graduation degree in pharma with a minimum of 5 – 8 years of experience at executive level. The individual should also be able to handle the assigned tasks single handedly.
• Legal counsel: In this type of job, the individual would have to handle all legal matters of the firm with special mention of law issues related to equity and capital market. The individual will also have the responsibility of supporting and working in close collaboration with the legal team. Interested candidates who wish to apply for this position should have completed 2 state examinations and in addition should possess high level of commitment and be proactive.
• Werk Student in Teilzeit: This is a part time post applicable for students who wish to gain some industry experience along with studies. The individual will be responsible for supporting the HR team and should be able to handle administrative tasks. The candidate should be a quick learner and should be able to work for at least 20 hours in a week. Candidates who are willing to stay on for a period of 6 months should apply and the firm seeks individuals who are interested in long term cooperation.