sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GATE Tips for Bioinformatics Students: Question from shirly21
Recently I got a query from one of the biotechnologyforums user: shirly21. Thought to share the response with all of you. And I would encourage all queries to be made here in the forum itself (rather than personal message), as it can help others too.
=============================================================
Message from shery21:
"Sir,
Your tips have really simplified the idea of the gate exam as otherwise it seems to be really difficult. I am a 3rd year bioinformatics student, how do I prepare for gate exam as the syllabus is totally different and I have just 1 year to go?. It would be really helpful if you replied."
=============================================================

Dear Shirly21,

I'm glad that the tips helped ease your nerves. Well, to start with I would recommend going through Immunology (Kuby's book is best for it). As I said to one of the forum members here (link here), as you are new to the subject, read the book thoroughly like a story (start with introduction chapter, it has plethora of MCQ material). Later on switch to Antibodies chapter (only after finishing introduction, chapter1 and chapter 2). Try to finish this thing in 1 month and let me know once you are done).

Simultaneously, do browse through previous year GATE papers and dig deep into the details of each question (and it's options) asked in previous year exams. Google the options of every question and learn as much as you can about the reasons of an option being right/wrong. If there's a doubt in any question of previous year papers, let me know, I'll try to address your problem to the best of my ability.

There's a long way to go, and there's ample time too. Don't worry! All gona be well.

All the best!

Cheers
Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply
Sir I am msc bioinformatics student please tell me if I am eligible for mtech/ms in biotech through gate in iit.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 16,549
06-25-2020, 07:46 PM
Last Postsderiis
Replies: 0
Views: 4,967