sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admission into NUS for Masters
What are my chances of getting admission into NUS in Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engg? Ive got first class with distinction in my B.tech with a GATE percentile of 93 and my GRE score is 313. I have done my final year project in Molecular Biology. Do I have to take TOEFL?
Like Post Reply
(07-05-2014, 12:46 AM)Kruthika25 Wrote: What are my chances of getting admission into NUS in Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engg? Ive got first class with distinction in my B.tech with a GATE percentile of 93 and my GRE score is 313. I have done my final year project in Molecular Biology. Do I have to take TOEFL?

Hi Kruthika,

I would say, you just need to be ready for the interview. You'll definitely get a call for the interview. Apply without a thought for January intake. There's ample amount of time. Even average LORs will do for your case. I'll recommend contacting the professors/scientists of your interest to seal your fate before the interview.

All the best

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply
well, what about the environmental engineering programme in NUS? Do I have a chance for it? And should I go for coursework or researchwork based programmes?
Like Post Reply
Yes, you may apply for Environmental Engineering as well (also try ASTAR scholarship based admission). Go for Research based programmes (better chances of grabbing a Scholarship).

All the best!

Sunil
(07-05-2014, 07:42 PM)Kruthika25 Wrote: well, what about the environmental engineering programme in NUS? Do I have a chance for it? And should I go for coursework or researchwork based programmes?
Sunil Nagpal

Suggested Reads:
Like Post Reply
Sir,

In the brochure it's given that we should attach our TOEFL scorecard... Is TOEFL necessary? Should I give TOEFL real quick? Since the last date for applying for Environmental Engg is 27th August.
Like Post Reply
(07-09-2014, 04:34 PM)Kruthika25 Wrote: Sir,

In the brochure it's given that we should attach our TOEFL scorecard... Is TOEFL necessary? Should I give TOEFL real quick? Since the last date for applying for Environmental Engg is 27th August.

Dear Kruthika,

If the language of study in your 12th class and B.Tech was English, you need not to appear for TOEFL, otherwise you'll need to support your application for the same. But, you can apply mentioning that you'll appear/have applied for the exam, and shall submit the score-card during interview/admission. So, there's not an immediate need for the same.

Hope it answers your query.

Best Regards

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal

Suggested Reads:
Like Post Reply
Thank you so much.

Well, is it absolutely necessary to give a thesis while applying? Will it hinder my chances of getting selected in case I dont submit a thesis for research based programme like that of Biological Science?
Like Post Reply
Hello Sir,
I am currently pursuing my final year B.Tech Biotech in Kumaraguru College of Technology, Tamilnadu. I am planing to give my GATE by 2015. Could you please tell me about Biotech related MS courses in NUS, Singapore along with their fee details including cost of living.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 12
Views: 126,834
05-26-2020, 03:26 PM
Last PostAarna
Replies: 0
Views: 5,781