sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biotech Specilization and career in UAE
I am a Post graduate (M.Sc) in Biotechnology (Agriculture)  from M.G University Kerala and I was working as a Research Asst. in Agriculture University in Kerala.

After the Marriage I have shifted to UAE and had a break in my career. Actually tried in the beginning but nothing worked out, and now its almost 7 years, I did not work. Now my kids started schooling I want to restart my career.

I want to do some specialization course as a to bridge the gap, which can give me more opportunities in the UAE market.

Can you please suggest me best courses I can do (distant learning) and the best way to move forward.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you very much in advance.

best regards
Kripa
Like Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 05:57 PM)kripakb Wrote: Hi Sunil,

Good day.

I am a Post graduate (M.Sc) in Biotechnology (Agriculture)  from M.G University Kerala and I was working as a Research Asst. in Agriculture University in Kerala.

After the Marriage I have shifted to UAE and had a break in my career. Actually tried in the beginning but nothing worked out, and now its almost 7 years, I did not work. Now my kids started schooling I want to restart my career.

I want to do some specialization course as a to bridge the gap, which can give me more opportunities in the UAE market.

Can you please suggest me best courses I can do (distant learning) and the best way to move forward.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you very much in advance.

best regards
Kripa

Hello Mam,

First question that struck my mind before sharing any suggestion was , "whether you would be comfortable working full-time or you are planning to opt for a career that might enable you work from home?"

Considering your preference for distance learning, I assume that you would prefer a career which won't affect your family responsibilities a lot?

Scientific writing and Editing would be an ideal career to pursue ahead. Freelance portals and editing platforms like Odesk and Cactus communications would be good to start-with.

In case you are not looking forward to scientific writing, ideal specialization at this stage of career would either be Bioinformatics or process technology (for core jobs). Pursuing an MBA in Market Research could be another option to go for.

My personal opinion would be: 'make a career in Scientific writing & editing'. Once you get a stronghold (through consistent writing for 2-3 months), you can expect good offers. It's one of the best options to go for and have a global reach of your skills.

You won't need a specialization for this career, all you need is some portfolio of articles/scientific writing (which would develop once you start writing). But, in order to get the ball rolling, you should start with brushing some skills through online courses on Coursera/Edx.

I am all open to discuss your vision about your career, feel free if you have any other query.

Best wishes

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /