Objectives of the Ministry of AYUSH
- To upgrade the educational standards in the Indian Systems of Medicines and Homoeopathy colleges in the country.
- To strengthen existing research institutions and ensure a time-bound research programme on identified diseases for which these systems have an effective treatment.
- To draw up schemes for promotion, cultivation and regeneration of medicinal plants used in these systems.
- To evolve Pharmacopoeial standards for Indian Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy drugs.
National Institutes Under AYUSH
- ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF AYURVEDA
- Institute of Post Graduate Teaching & Research in Ayurveda, Jamnagar (Gujarat)
- Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi
- National Institute of Ayurveda (NIA) Jaipur
- National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata
- National Institute of Naturopathy, Pune
- National Institute of Siddha (NIS), Chennai
- National Institute of Unani Medicine, Bangalore
- Rashtriya Ayurved Vidyapeeth, New Delhi
Please feel free to add new and useful information (be it queries or comments) under this thread.
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India