The advertisement for the programme is published in national newspapers once in a year in the month of April-May and online application forms for students and requisition forms for companies are available on website for submission. The final placement for training is done in October-November.
1. Eligibility: B.E./B.Tech/M.Sc/M.Tech/M.V.Sc in Biotechnology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Neuro-Science, Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Bio-process Technology, General/Agricultural/Industrial/Marine/Medical/ Pharmaceutical/Environmental/Plant/Food/Animal Biotechnology from an Indian recognized university with minimum 50% marks or equivalent grade completed in the year 2014 or 2015 are only eligible to apply.
2. The application would be accepted online only. Last date for submission of online application form is May 10, 2015.
Follow the below steps:
a) Go to the link http://www.bcil.nic.in/bitp2015/index.asp
b) Click on “Application form for Students (New User)”
c) Create an account by putting a new user id, password and re-writing password of your choice.
d) You can view/edit your application form any time in your account by clicking on already registered users before the last date of submitting the application. But the editing should not be done after sending the hardcopy of application and acknowledgement to BCIL.
3. Before applying Online, the candidates must possess the following :
a) Scanned passport (pp) size photograph in JPEG format (Size upto 25kb)
b) Scanned Signature in JPEG format (Size upto 10 kb)
c) Demand draft number, date and bank name
d) Applicants Bank account details viz:
i) Name as per bank account records:
ii) Name of bank:
iii) Bank Branch Address:
iv) A/C No.:
v) IFSC Code:
4. The following documents are to be sent to:
Manager, Biotech Consortium India Limited (BCIL),
210, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Marg,
by speed post/courier.
Last date of accepting the hardcopy of the documents is May 15, 2015. Applications received after the last date will not be entertained.
a) Candidates will be shortlisted through an online test. The shortlisted candidates will have to appear for an interview for final selection.
b) Online test would be conducted at centers across the country (Please refer Annexure-2) on June 20, 2015 in 2-3 batches.
c) Applicants have to select their test centre while filling the online application form. The no. of seats left in the centre of your choice will be displayed, if there is no seat available in the centre of your choice, you can select the other nearest centre.
d) Students whose applications are found to be complete and eligible in all respects will be shortlisted for online test.
e) List of the candidates eligible for online test will be displayed on the website on May 27, 2015.
f) E-Hall tickets with online test date, time and venue will be sent to the candidates within one week before the test date via email.
g) In case of clash of online test time with any other exam time, students could request to appear for test in another time slot available. The request for the same should be sent via email by June 10, 2015. Requests received after that will not be considered.
h) No request for change of date of online test will be entertained
i) No TA/DA will be paid to the students appearing for online test.
j) The structure of the test is given in Annexure 3 on the website.
k) For sample questions please visit http://www.bcil.nic.in/files/BITPonlinet...stions.pdf
l) Syllabus for online test is same as the syllabus of M.Sc General Biotechnology (given on website of Department of Biotechnology (DBT), http://dbtindia.nic.in/wp-content/upload...nology.pdf)
b) The list of candidates shortlisted for interview would be published on the website on June 30, 2015 with details regarding venue, date and time. Individual intimation for interview would not be sent.
c) The interviews will be held during July – August 2015.
d) Candidates appearing for the interview will be paid to and fro travelling expenses equivalent to 2nd class (sleeper) train fare by the shortest route, on production of tickets.
e) Candidates who wish to claim travel expenses are requested to bring 2 copies of tickets booked online or taken from the ticket window, to be attached with the claim form.
f) In case an outstation candidate appears for interview from a place other than as indicated in his/her original application, the reimbursement of fare would be limited to the place mentioned in application or place from where the candidate actually arrived, whichever is nearer.
g) Candidates will have to make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging while appearing for the interview.
h) Students appearing for interview will have to bring:
i) Copy of dissertation/project work, if any
ii) Photo identification proof – Voter I-card, Driving licence, Passport, PAN card etc.
iii) Mark sheets of all semesters.
iv) Final consolidated marksheet and provisional certificate.
7. The tentative time of commencement of training will be September – October.
8. All correspondences related to the programme/joining from BCIL to candidate will be done by email. Kindly provide a valid email address in application form. BCIL will not be responsible for delivery failures to the invalid email ids provided by the candidate at the time of filling application form.
9. Filling up this form does not guarantee training under BITP. The decision of the selection committee shall be final and binding. Training does not ensure permanent placement.
10. Candidates placed for training will have to make their own arrangements for lodging & boarding. The company may/may not provide boarding/lodging facility on chargeable basis or help in finding accommodation.
11. Candidates will be required to follow the rules and regulations of the trainer company. If the trainee leaves the training in between or is terminated, stipend would not be paid for the rest of the training period. Non serious candidates based on the feedback of company will be terminated without notice. If a trainee is terminated from a company due to unsatisfactory work or indiscipline or misconduct, the trainee would not be placed in any other company.
12. Students who have already undergone training under BITP or are employed will not be eligible.
Email for queries at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India