Take the GATE BIOTECH MARKS SURVEY. An attempt to estimate the cut-off    
  • Welcome to Biotechnology Forums!
  • Contribution is the key to connections! Stay active and you'll benefit a lot!
  • Defeat the Difficulties!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In cell culture, can treated surface survive autoclaving?
This is post no. 1 under the main topic.
If I treat a surface for cell adhesion with fibronectin, collagen, etc., can I autoclave it and expect it to function in allowing the attachment of mammalian cells?  Since denatured collagen is used to promote adhesion, it seems like it might be feasible, but I don't know.  If this is a less than optimal idea, does anyone know of any alternatives?  If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.  I'll thank you in advance.

This is post no. 2 under the main topic.
(11-09-2015, 02:45 PM)walkingfish Wrote: If I treat a surface for cell adhesion with fibronectin, collagen, etc., can I autoclave it and expect it to function in allowing the attachment of mammalian cells?  Since denatured collagen is used to promote adhesion, it seems like it might be feasible, but I don't know.  If this is a less than optimal idea, does anyone know of any alternatives?  If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it.  I'll thank you in advance.

Heating does lead to gelatinization of collagen, but you can't use too concentrated gelatin for adhesion. So, I am not sure if that would be an optimal way out. Ideally you should be using filter sterilized collagen solution for treating your (autoclaved) surface under the hood. That is more of a standard procedure.

Hope it helps

This is post no. 3 under the main topic.
Thank you very much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Endo Enzyme Display on Cell Surface razinasyraf 0 302 01-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Last Post: razinasyraf
  embryonic stem cell rozabarca 1 1,731 11-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: walkingfish
  Size of laminar flow hood (bioreactor culture) walkingfish 0 1,049 11-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: walkingfish
  Fingerprinting in Tissue Culture CandyWangui 3 2,507 06-22-2015, 10:36 PM
Last Post: stevewoods
  Query regarding Lawn Culture that I performed. RafidX91 0 1,412 03-23-2014, 05:51 AM
Last Post: RafidX91

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)