sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IIT JAM
Sir, i completed my B. Sc. In biotechnology from mumbai university this year  i got 82.6%. I gave only 1 entrance JNU but i cant crake it. I wnt to do my msc from IIT. i know i have to Clear JAM. 
So i decid to do Preparation for IIT JAM this year and also do my msc part 1 side by side 
. . . . .  But sir my Teachers confusing me they Were say dont do that, dont repeat degree. u cant Handel the study of both exam msc as well as JAM. 

So am in big depression and confusion 
sir IIT is my dream............... 
What i do  Sad
Like Post Reply
(07-04-2016, 01:25 PM)Mrunal M. Wrote: Sir, i completed my B. Sc. In biotechnology from mumbai university this year  i got 82.6%. I gave only 1 entrance JNU but i cant crake it. I wnt to do my msc from IIT. i know i have to Clear JAM. 
So i decid to do Preparation for IIT JAM this year and also do my msc part 1 side by side 
. . . . .  But sir my Teachers confusing me they Were say dont do that, dont repeat degree. u cant Handel the study of both exam msc as well as JAM. 

So am in big depression and confusion 
sir IIT is my dream............... 
What i do  Sad

Hello Mrunal,

Give 2 hours a day to JAM preparations (not more than that). And 1 hour out of those 2 hours should exclusively be used for solving/studying previous year question papers.

Your MSc study will also be your preparation for JAM.

Another suggestion would be that you may skip JAM and rather prepare for GATE XL/BT. After MSc you can appear for GATE to get admission in MTech or PhD using GATE. In fact, your GATE score can enable you to get admission in National University of Singapore as well. You can appear for GATE in the final year of MSc.

Or you can appear for GATE as well as JAM.

And, it is a myth that one can't do more than one task at a time. No one studies for all day long, you just have to manage a routine of studying for your target for 2-3 hours every day. That's more than sufficient.

Hope it helps
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply