Biotechnology Forums
M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - Printable Version

+- Biotechnology Forums (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com)
+-- Forum: Biotechnology Discussion (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Bioinformatics (https://www.biotechnologyforums.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai (/thread-7079.html)

M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - Priyanka - 07-24-2015

So finally I get chance to ask the question.

I have got selected in Anna university Chennai through CEEB held by JNU for M.tech biotech and I have doubt whether should i go through it or not ..as i graduate with pharmacy..

and thank you for such nice platform

RE: about m.tech.biotch course - SunilNagpal - 07-24-2015

(07-24-2015, 04:58 PM)Priyanka Wrote: so finally i get chance to ask the que
i got selected in anna university chennai through CEEB held by jnu for m.tech biotech and i have doubt whether should i go through it or not ..as i graduate with pharmacy..
and thank you for such nice platform

Hi Priyanka,
Anna University has a decent reputation. Going by the name and reputation I would suggest in favor of the same to almost every student, but you should take this decision only If you aren't very much keen on doing a masters in Pharmacy itself (to avoid any conflict of compatibility and interest with the curricula).

Anna University is a dream for many, if you are getting it then it's a privilege indeed, but as I said, stay firm on your decision once you take it (if even in the faintest of your thoughts you wish to do masters in Pharma and have a career vision for that field, then you should make another attempt for GPAT).

On the scale of reputation, Anna is good to go..

RE: M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - Priyanka - 07-24-2015

thank you for your suggetion sir ...

RE: M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - Priyanka - 07-24-2015

thanks so much sir,
I am scared about m.tech as other students are from biotech background n compare to them i have to start from zero..yes we had subject of biotech in third year so i have little much knowledge about it..but don't know able to deal with it..is there subject related to pharmacy?
and yes Anna university is reputed university bcoz of that only i am unable to deny this opportunity..according to you which subject i should choose?

RE: M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - Priyanka - 07-26-2015

can anyone help me? your suggestion really matters ...please....

RE: M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - reviewer21 - 07-26-2015

(07-24-2015, 11:04 PM)Priyanka Wrote: thanks so much sir,
I am scared about m.tech as other students are from biotech background n compare to them i have to start from zero..yes we had subject of biotech in third year so i have little much knowledge about it..but don't know able to deal with it..is there subject related to pharmacy?
and yes Anna university is reputed university bcoz of that only i am unable to deny this opportunity..according to you which subject i should choose?

what kind of courses did you study in your undergraduate studies? Can you provide a list? I'll be in a position to tell whether you will sail through M.Tech Biotech easily or not...

RE: M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - Priyanka - 08-01-2015

Pharmaceutics
Pharmacology
pharmaceutical analysis
pharmacognosy
medicinal chemistry
these were main subject along with
physical pharmacy
pharmaceutical biotechnology
pharmaceutical biochemistry
dispensing pharmacy
pharmaceutical jurisprudence
Organic chemistry
thank u so much for your guidance and suggestion definitely help me....

RE: M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - SunilNagpal - 08-03-2015

Hi Priyanka,

I went through your queries, I believe you should be able to do well in M.Tech Biotech. Try to enroll for a Pharma related project in Mtech. All the best!

RE: M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - Priyanka - 08-03-2015

Hello Sunil sir,
thank you so much sir for your guidance and suggestion...now I have confidence that I can do it..

M.Tech.biotech course - Anna University, Chennai - sivakumar - 04-26-2017

how much u scored in jnu exam