sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Poll: Did you enroll for Mathematics as well in 12th Class?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
41.67%
No
58.33%
Total
24 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Career in Biology or Biotechnology after 12th (PCB)
hello sir,
i have just completed my 12 exams(PCMB) this year and i want to pursue my carrier in biomedical engineering. Please suggest me a path how will i persue my aim.
I have scored 10 CGPA in 10th standard and i assure you that i will score at least 85% in 12th standard. Please reply soon.
Like Post Reply
Hello Sir,

I'm planning to do B.Tech in biotechnology from Amity University. I've done my 12th with PCB without maths. But Its an engineering line, It will include maths. So, will It create trouble during the course? I'm really confused. I have scored 81% in 12th & 10 CGPA in class 10th. Please reply. Hoping for a positive response.
Like Post Reply
hi,

Mathematics won't be that tough to deal with. Don't worry much about it, whatever mathematics would be there in your curriculum, you will rather enjoy the same.
Like Post Reply
i am bio student and i want to do biotech engineering plz tell me the scope in india and colleges and after that placement with salary
Like Post Reply
HEY my name is tanya verma and i scored 9.6 cgpa in 10th and i'll work my best to achieve more than 85% in 12th. I want to pursue a career in biotechnology and then want to settle abroad. Does anyone know what should i do after 12th in order to achieve my goal ? and what are best colleges abroad and in india ?  Huh
Like Post Reply
(10-28-2015, 04:55 PM)Tanya verma Wrote: HEY my name is tanya verma and i scored 9.6 cgpa in 10th and i'll work my best to achieve more than 85% in 12th. I want to pursue a career in biotechnology and then want to settle abroad. Does anyone know what should i do after 12th in order to achieve my goal ? and what are best colleges abroad and in india ?  Huh
Hi Tanya,

Please read through the main thread of this trail at:
http://www.biotechnologyforums.com/thread-6860.html
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply
dear sunil,

My daughter would like to do Btech Biotech in any of the reputed colleges. As the majority of the entrance exams  for Btech biotech courses are PCM based, I am not sure whether she wil be able to crack JEE asshe has taken PCB and maths additional and attending coaching on PCB.

I have gone throgh many of the colleges and courses of the reputed Private universities and finally got a bit confused on the courses which she should take. I came across so many colleges offering with some specilisation in Btech itself, But i am not sure how these syllabus will help to crack JRF to get PG admission . Will you please go through the syllabus of the following courses and advise me the best syllabus which will enable the student to get good knowledge onf the subject and can get JRF for Mtech/Phd

1. btech biotech---sastra/LPU/VIT/srm
2. Btech Industrial biotech -Karunya university coimbatore
3. Btech medical biotech -Dy patil viswavidyapeeth
4. Btech Biotech - Tamilnadu agricultural university.    and finally
5. Bsc Biotech 4 yr --Shivnadar uniersity

I hope you will anlyse and give us an advice in this regard so that it will be helpful to prospective students

Regards
sajeev
Like Post Reply
dear Sunil,
Sorry a mistake Btech Industrial biotech for Bharat university Chennai and Btech Biotech ( specilisation in bio informatics) in Karunya university

Sorry for the mistake

Regards
Sajeev
Like Post Reply
(11-15-2015, 03:24 PM)sajeevm33 Wrote: dear sunil,

My daughter would like to do Btech Biotech in any of the reputed colleges. As the majority of the entrance exams  for Btech biotech courses are PCM based, I am not sure whether she wil be able to crack JEE asshe has taken PCB and maths additional and attending coaching on PCB.

I have gone throgh many of the colleges and courses of the reputed Private universities and finally got a bit confused on the courses which she should take. I came across so many colleges offering with some specilisation in Btech itself, But i am not sure how these syllabus will help to crack JRF to get PG admission . Will you please go through the syllabus of the following courses and advise me the best syllabus which will enable the student to get good knowledge onf the subject and can get JRF for Mtech/Phd

1. btech biotech---sastra/LPU/VIT/srm
2. Btech Industrial biotech -Karunya university coimbatore
3. Btech medical biotech -Dy patil viswavidyapeeth
4. Btech Biotech - Tamilnadu agricultural university.    and finally
5. Bsc Biotech 4 yr --Shivnadar uniersity

I hope you will anlyse and give us an advice in this regard so that it will be helpful to prospective students

Regards
sajeev
Hello Sir,

If your concern is more about the JRF, then I would say that only a 'non-speicialized' course will cover all the topics covered in a JRF exam. Reason being the fact that JRF exams tend to assess a students over his/her all round knowledge. CSIR and GATE being such exams.

DBT JRF is also one of the exams which one can appear after B.Tech for direct PhD admission. But, given the fact that there are plenty of options in attempting the questions of choice (from the field of interest), a person with a specialized degree would love to attempt this exam.

About the degree options you have mentioned, I would suggest B.Tech either in Bioinformatics (best place being IIIT Hyderabad), or B.Tech in Biotechnology (acceptable colleges being VIT, Thapar, Tamilnadu agricultural university, SRM). My suggestion and hope would be to crack JEE with decent marks and aim for a reputed college like NITs for B.tech course.

Hope it helps

Let me know if I can be of any further help

Best wishes

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply
Hello,
I really need your help!
I have opted for PCB in 12th STD. I am suppose to be giving my boards in a few days. I wanted to know how can I apply for marine biology? I found out that it can be opted as a course for P.G , so exactly what course do I need to pick for my graduation? Also I wanted to know if I am eligible for marine biology as I had dropped mathematics in 11th.
Also are there in enterances that I need to prepare for admission at graduate level. I am from Maharashtra so are there any enterances for this?
Also I had 94% in 10th and my board was IGCSE. now it is HSC.
Please help me as I am in alot of confusion regarding this!
Thank you!
Awaiting response!
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 3
Views: 17,036
06-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Last PostKapil tripathi