sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Networking with officials from Biotech and healthcare field
Hello,

I am Chythra, currently doing my Master's in biotechnology from New York University, NY. This is my second semester right now, and I am looking for summer internship opportunities in USA. I needed to know apart from Linkedin, what are the other ways to get in contact with officials from the biotechnology industry so that I can get a breakthrough into the industry, I need to connect with experienced people so that I can learn more about the current industrial trends and norms. Kindly if anyone has information about it would be very helpful.

Thanks
Chythra Rani Chandregowda
Teaching Assistant
New York University
email: crc469@nyu.edu
Like Post Reply
(04-01-2015, 09:56 AM)CHYTHRA RANI CHANDREGOWDA Wrote: Hello,

I am Chythra, currently doing my Master's in biotechnology from New York University, NY. This is my second semester right now, and I am looking for summer internship opportunities in USA. I needed to know apart from Linkedin, what are the other ways to get in contact with officials from the biotechnology industry so that I can get a breakthrough into the industry, I need to connect with experienced people so that I can learn more about the current industrial trends and norms. Kindly if anyone has information about it would be very helpful.

Thanks
Chythra Rani Chandregowda
Teaching Assistant
New York University
email: crc469@nyu.edu

Hi Chythra,

In India, we used to follow this approach:

1. First of all get in touch with the seniors and alumni. 90% of the assistance is available at their end. 
2. Our profs used to have a lot of contacts and 10% students were directed by them to good institutes.
3. We would check for selection based international and national internship opportunities well in advance (atleast 6-8 months: because the applications often open in that period of time). Try checking this article, hope you find some relevant info: CLICK HERE. The article has relevant info for both Indian and International students.
4. Contact the profs of the institutes/departments you want to work with.
5. Check online portals like HelloIntern
6. Contact HR of the companies/check job portals of the companies (they offer internship opportunities in their job portal).
7. Be a part of relevant facebook groups.

Hope it helps.

Best wishes

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /