sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now Detergent in Mother Dairy Milk !!
Nestle's Maggi was already under fire that now Mother Dairy's packaged Milk has come under scrutiny over alleged presence of Detergents in the product! The incidence has come into light once again in Uttar Pradesh (this time in Agra). Though Mother Dairy has categorically denied any sort of adulteration, the findings have indeed raised an alarm amongst the urban population who have been totally dependent upon packaged products of various kinds for their day to day activities/living.
[Image: 4%20%282%29.png]

Mother Dairy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Dairy Development Board.

Source: NDTV and ZeeNews

Following is a short clipping of the news piece:

Like Post Reply
I have heard that adulteration is very common in Asian countries.

It is very sad to know that companies in India do not do adequate checks before distributing essential/basic product like milk.

So, how does it work - do these companies have their own dairy farms or do they procure milk from small private milk producers?
Like Post Reply
True Greg! It's sad that companies in India resort to adulteration (and pay no heed to the plight of billions of consumers!). This is not only in-ethical but life-threatening too!!

As far as I know, they aggregate milk from farmers/small producers; and later on process it for increasing the shelf-life in packaged containers/pouches.
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
[+] 1 user Likes SunilNagpal's post
Like Post Reply
I'm sitting here trying to think, where did that idea come from to sprinkle in detergents into dairy products?
I'm also wondering to myself, what could possibly be in detergents that could be there in dairy products by mistake at the same time to make someone think that it might be detergents but it's actually just a common ingredient?
OR .. was it processed near a facility that also deals with detergents and some of it found it's way in?
Was it sabotaged by the carriers just so they could blame someone? Who knows!
Sorry, just thinking all across the board here! I've never heard of such a thing until now.. well.. not about hygienic milk products, anyway!
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post