sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Designer baby - Frequently Asked Questions
Hey I am male 25. I d love to have childs one day but I d give a lot to have them not suffer from any kind of diseases. g.e. I am badly short sighted and have acne. I know this multifactorial genes diseases genes are not known yet but I hope so.

What I really would love is some information on what is possible yet.

1) Its possible to eliminate bad genes out of male genom (sperms) before melting it together with female egg cell thats what I am pretty sure about.
2) Is it also possible to eliminate the females bad genes as far as they are known from the female egg cell ?
3) If yes it should be possible to create more or less life without any diseases as far as the "bad genes" are known.
4) What does it cost for a full human genome sequence currently ?
5) How much would it cost to check this genome of me and a female for any known genes that might cause a disease ?
6) Someone got websites where attractive and healthy females offer their egg cells ?
7) Where you might get a surrogate mother from ? any websites known ?

And please dont start a discussion about morality. I know what I want and I want to create childs without disease. Dont tell me thats bad. Dont tell me this will end like in the movie gattaca. In fact thats exactly what I am hoping for as far as the current technology can offer that yet.
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
Designer baby - Frequently Asked Questions - by Scheinmoral - 02-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 1
Views: 9,085
01-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Last Postsale0303