sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloning multiple genes in plant vector
I need your help with following information and it would be great if you could help with this as soon as possible. I am basically trying to clone two genes in a plant-based vector and express it in either tobacco/ Arabidopsis. Old method of doing this was cloning two separate genes in two different plant vectors and go for sequential transformation. Its important to ensure that two vectors are compatible for the experiment, as in they should have different promoters and selection markers. In recent times TA cloning and gateway cloning vectors have been designed by various labs, so cloning multiple genes in single plant based vector is possible but these are not commercially available so it becomes essential to contact various labs.

If have any information on the same then please share and I would also like information on how to obtain these vectors. I would ideally like to have a single vector in which multiple genes can be cloned and expressed in plants. If not then I would like to have some more information on what criteria I should use in selecting two different vectors and choose which plant for transgenic expression.

I hope I have explained myself well. If you have any questions please ask me.
Thanks!
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
Cloning multiple genes in plant vector - by rasing02 - 07-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post