sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is DY Patil Vidyapeeth so reputed?
(06-29-2015, 06:33 PM)garimaverma Wrote: sir is it right to go for b.tech in biotech or bams which one has better scope of job opportunities and salary
if b.tech in biotech is good one..then i hve applied for kurukshetra university...is it good in placement?
plz suggest me ur suggestion will be valueable..
also tell me if doing the same from any private college well be better or not i m frm pcb background

Hi Garima,

BHMS and BAMS are more about 'independent practice' careers. You can easily set-up a clinic for yourself and start earning from day-1 after your degree. You can get opportunity in a government hospital as well.

Right now, in India, BHMS and BAMS are more career oriented than BTech Biotech (from a below average college). Kurukshetra University is average on Placement aspects for Biotech people. The matter of fact is that 'currently there's tough competition for jobs' and thus you will have to  make your best effort in Academics and Co-curriculars (and command over english) to fetch a 'decent' job.

It is always good to prefer a govt college over private (in India), because of the prevalent trend of favoring the popular/established names. In those terms, KU is much better than any private college.

If your aspirations for a good career in Biological sciences aren't inclined much towards research/corporate world; then 'on earning point of view' I would suggest you to go for BAMS/BHMS.

Hope it helps
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: garima:Biotech Admission Advise after 12th - by SunilNagpal - 06-29-2015, 08:01 PM
b.tech from private institutes - by PRINCE - 06-25-2015, 12:11 AM