sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A classical question: "Why does 3'-5' polarity of DNA strand acts as template?"
Have you ever wondered as to why does 3'-5' strand acts as the template and not 5'-3' strand?

Looking forward to your answers. I am actually looking forward to the best answer (one which is amazingly explained, so that anyone can understand the reason without much a do).

P.S. I'm thinking of awarding the author of best answer (in my own personal judgement) with a little award (A book titled "Science Lessons: What the business of biotech taught me about management", by Gordon Binder (former CEO of Amgen Inc)...this book is amongst Top 10 best books to read in Biotechnology field...so I hope who so ever wins, will love this little present from me...I am doing this personal contest sort of activity first time ever on this forum, if it turns out nice, will post more of these mini contests in future (as and when my wallet has some extra bucks to go for these activities ).

Looking forward..
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
[+] 1 user Likes SunilNagpal's post
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
A classical question: "Why does 3'-5' polarity of DNA strand acts as template?" - by SunilNagpal - 02-18-2017, 11:35 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 0
Views: 5,141
06-07-2018, 08:48 PM
Last PostShinu
Replies: 1
Views: 11,229
07-14-2017, 04:33 AM