sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore
--- Question from Neha -----

I am third year student doing Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology i want to study MS In Biotechnlogy from National University of Singapore after completing my graduation. I will join GRE and Toefil shortly. Pls give me details about this University like fees, etc.

------- Answer from Sunil Nagpal ---

Hi Neha,

I haven't heard of a specific MS course in Biotechnology, but I do know about MS in Biological Sciences at NUS. Following are the details on the same:

Biological Sciences Department has three main focus areas including Cell, Molecular and Developmental Biology; Ecology, Biodiversity and Environmental Biology; and Biophysical Sciences, Computational and Structural Biology.

They accept GRE (minimal requirements: verbal and quantitative abilities between the range of 310 and 320, analytical writing: 3.5) or Graduate Aptitude in Engineering (GATE) minimum 90 percentile. Applicants who do not have their earlier education in the English language need to provide Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) test of scores of minimum 85 for internet-based test or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test of scores of minimum 6.

Online application fee S$20 per application. Paper based requires S$40.

Deadlines: For August intake, 15 November of Previous year

For Jan intake, 15 May of Previous year

Fees: Annual (Non-subsidised : S$36, 300) and Annual (Subsidised: S$23,500). If you are selected by the department, you'll be recommended for MOE subsidy, so most probably you'll have to pay S$23,500 only.

Now my words of advice:

If you have a good academic record, do apply for PhD (which has high chances of fully scholarship based selection). Infact MS also has the provision for Scholarship based selection. Just mention in the application form the Scholarships you would like to apply for (with the expression that you would still like to be considered even if you are not eligible for any scholarship, as you are comfortable with self finance I guess.)

Going through the following link might help you further:

http://www.nus.edu.sg/admissions/graduat...ements.php

If there's anything else you need some help on, do let me know. ( Please post the question on this thread instead of messaging personally)

Best wishes,

Sunil
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore - by Administrator - 04-28-2014, 01:25 PM
RE: Tips Admission | NUS vs NTU - by SunilNagpal - 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
gate score and admission - by vishakha - 03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
requirement for NUS admission - by sree2529 - 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 14,587
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Last PostAnkit