sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore
(08-14-2014, 12:22 AM)Priankay Wrote: Hey Sunil,thanks a lot.Your posts have been really helpful.
I am a final year student of biotechnology in a private college(apparently one of the best colleges).The problem is my grades haven't been very good.,but I know that if I study well I can still do well in GATE since I have paid attention in all of my classes and my concepts are clear.I need to work hard.
I learnt that there is an eligibility criteria that you have to clear to get a call from the IITs even after you have cleared your GATE with a good score..Can you please please give me an idea of the criteria and the process of interview and counselling..? Are my average Btech grades going to be a problem ?? Please Please do reply.. Thank you

Hi Priankay...IITs keep a minimum cut-off of percentage in 12th and B.Tech as 60-75% (depends on IIT), so as long as your marks aren't below this average, you shouldn't worry a lot.

Once you have cleared GATE and have got a call for interview, you need to go through another written test at the IITs (a filtration process amongst the toppers) before you finally appear for interview. Interviews are often a mix of technical and aptitude test (technicality of interviews depends upon the research profile of the faculty members of the IIT).

If there's anything else you need to know, do let me know. And, it would be great if you could try posting GATE related queries in the thread related to GATE. It would help in maintaining the structure of the threads.

All the best!

Regards
Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore - by SunilNagpal - 08-15-2014, 04:31 AM
RE: Tips Admission | NUS vs NTU - by SunilNagpal - 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
gate score and admission - by vishakha - 03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
requirement for NUS admission - by sree2529 - 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 14,765
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Last PostAnkit