sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore
(03-01-2015, 03:53 AM)nikhil_hajirnis Wrote: Hello sir,
This is a wonderful thread and I am deeply interested in pursuing scientific career. I am doing my MSc (final semester) in Biotechnology (current CGPA - 6.5/10) from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and I secured AIR-15 in the Common Entrance Exam For Biotechnology (CEEB) held each year by JNU in 2013.
I also acquired AIR-1 in Int-PhD exam for Genomics at Madurai Kamaraj University and have also cleared CSIR (LS) with AIR-36. Can I include these examinations in my national achievements given in the NUS form? Moreover I have appeared for GATE-2015 and am hoping for its result to be positive. What else can I plan for making my CV stronger? What kind of an essay do they expect us to write for getting an admission in NUS? And what scholarship should I apply to over there?

Hi Nikhil,

Yes "you can and you must" mention all your feats; and these achievements will definitely strengthen your resume. Essay should be about your research aspirations and what have you done till date in that regard; and what you plan to do if you get admitted in NUS.

You will be considered for TAship by default, so worrying about scholarship at this point of time is not an important issue.

Hope it helps

Best wishes

Sunil
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: nikhil_hajirnis's quest: Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore - by SunilNagpal - 03-18-2015, 01:08 PM
RE: Tips Admission | NUS vs NTU - by SunilNagpal - 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
gate score and admission - by vishakha - 03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
requirement for NUS admission - by sree2529 - 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 14,764
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Last PostAnkit