sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore
(04-08-2015, 04:31 AM)SunilNagpal Wrote:
(04-07-2015, 05:42 PM)Shriram Wrote: Hello Sunil,
I had done my Bachelors in Biotech (2006-10) from VITU. I followed it up with a Masters in Biotechnology Bioprocessing and Business Management from University of Warwick, UK (Graduated in Jan 13). Unfortunately, I could only muster a 2:2 in my Masters.  I am working in Biotechnology sector (Marketing and sales) for a stem cell banking company and have a couple of years of work experience, along with writing business plans for couple of SMEs for fund raising. I am really interested in the NUS Phd MBA program and I am planning to take up GRE/GATE to improve my academic profile. Which would you recommend amongst the two? I would be much obliged, if you could throw some light on the admissions pattern and any inputs on the required GRE/GMAT scores will also be really helpful. I am planning to apply for the 16 intake. In the meantime, any other suggestions to improve my profile? Kudos to your efforts and time, awaiting your reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Shriram

Hello Shriram,
You should go for GRE general test (that's what is needed for PhD MBA program). GATE might not be accepted for this program (although appearing for GATE too will definitely boost your case, if you clear the exam).

Your marks in Masters shouldn't worry you much. You are still eligible to apply for the program.

There's no minimum cut-off for GRE score to apply for this program. But GRE is a must. It is possible to apply without a GRE score if a test has been scheduled. The score can then be sent later.

GMAT is not compulsory.

If you are employed, then attend workshops/international conferences in the field of your interest (especially those inclined towards Bio-entrepreneurship). This will boost your profile.

According to the PhD-MBA committee, " Applicants are welcome to contact potential PhD advisors before submitting the application. This could help focus the proposal, for example" . It's thus advisable to contact a prof of interest.

Scholarship:
The scholarship of S$2,600 to S$3,200 per month paid for 12 months per year, includes accommodation expenses.

Admission cycles:
The application cycle for August of the coming year usually opens in September of the current year.
(Details: CLICK HERE)

Hope it helps

If there's any other assistance you need, do let me know.

Best wishes

Sunil

Dear Sunil,
Firstly, thank you for letting me pick your brain. I will definitely prep my profile accordingly and concentrate on GRE. I am already in touch with my "potential external supervisor" and will do the same in the NUS dept.
As a follow up to your suggestions of conferences and workshops, my field of interest and intent is commercialization of stem cells applications (esp. Mesenchymal stem cells in cardiovascular and skin related). Where can I find the details of conferences and workshops related to this (preferably within India, as my managerial work does not let me travel extensively). Again, thanks for the virtual acquaintance and time. Much obliged.

Thanks and Regards,
Shriram
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore - by Shriram - 04-09-2015, 01:15 PM
RE: Tips Admission | NUS vs NTU - by SunilNagpal - 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
gate score and admission - by vishakha - 03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
requirement for NUS admission - by sree2529 - 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 14,583
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Last PostAnkit