sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore
(08-15-2015, 05:27 PM)vallari23 Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 09:31 PM)vallari23 Wrote: Hello Sir,
I recently completed my B.E in Biotechnology with 74% (Aggregate 66.16%). My GATE score is 93.86 percentile. I am very much keen on doing Masters in biological sciences(research work) from NUS. Also I have a Research paper published in IJERGS in the May-June 2015 edition. I have done a 1 month internship at NIRRH (ICMR), Genetic Research Center. Do I have chances to get in? are there any chances to get scholarship? Shall I give GRE? If I apply to NUS with this GATE score after a 1 year experience would the probability of admission increase? Also, I am confused between NUS and ICT, Mumbai. I would be really very thankful to you if you could help me decide!  
Thank you.

Hello vallari,

Your GATE score is well above needed, but I'm bit worried about the aggregate percentage. In which band do you fall in terms of ranking (like 1st division, second division etc). The information is often mentioned in the degree or behind your marksheets. So 74% is your final year marks?

Your case is a touch and go...you may or may not get the call...but I would suggest in the favor of applying for NUS. I dont think GRE would change the story to a great extent for NUS. GATE should suffice. But if you can score well above 310 in GRE, I am sure you will stand very good chances in NUS.

Right now you shouldn't be confused over NUS and ICT. Apply for NUS, go for M.Tech in ICT, if you get the call from NUS then go ahead for it otherwise keep your M.Tech continued and score well in Mtech to apply later at NUS with a better GATE as well as academic score.

About experience, yes it does help...

All the best

P.S: Extremely sorry for missing your query...somehow it just skipped my eye.

Best wishes
Sunil Nagpal
MS(Research) Scholar, IIT Delhi (Alumnus)
Advisor for the Biotech Students portal (BiotechStudents.com)
Computational Researcher in BioSciences at a leading MNC

Suggested Reads:
Top Biotech Companies | Top places to work
Indian Biotech Companies and Job Openings
Aiming a PhD in Top Grad School? | These are the Important Points to Consider
Careers in Biotechnology | A list of various Options
Biotechnology Competitive Exams in India
Like Post Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tips for Admission in National University of Singapore - by SunilNagpal - 08-15-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Tips Admission | NUS vs NTU - by SunilNagpal - 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM
gate score and admission - by vishakha - 03-12-2015, 09:55 PM
requirement for NUS admission - by sree2529 - 10-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post
Replies: 2
Views: 14,755
03-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Last PostAnkit