• Welcome to Biotechnology Forums!
  • Contribution is the key to connections! Stay active and you'll benefit a lot!
  • Defeat the Difficulties!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scope of bioinformatics ??
This is post no. 1 under the main topic.
My son is intending to adopt the bioinformatics for his bachelors. I want
to see him a computer programmer. So, would you guys like to share
some fair ideas as far as the career is concerned? I'll be thankful to you.

This is post no. 2 under the main topic.
Hello friends I am Libby. I also want to done my graduation in bioinformatics. It is a good way to show your self great. Through this platform we can help the others. There are only few great names in this category so It is a great opportunity to improve ourself.

This is post no. 3 under the main topic.
Yes there is a scope of bioinformatics a lot

This is post no. 4 under the main topic.
Bioinformatics has a very great scope. The vast developments in biotechnology and genomics, the need for bioinformatician is increasing. The Human Genome Project alone creates an enormous amount of data that needs to be properly categorized and stored.

It is nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

This is post no. 5 under the main topic.
Bioinformatics has more opportunity than Biotech because it is computer connected topic and provides many carrier provider options like software developer, biological data manager or analyzer , medication developing, wet lab analysis etc. In India, few peoples are doing bioinformatics so it's a great opportunity in India to get a job quickly than Biotech students because of there vacancies of knowledge.

This is post no. 6 under the main topic.
Bioinformatics has an outstanding career growth projection.

This is post no. 7 under the main topic.
Can anyone please share the link to study materials for
Bioinformatics ...
Thank you

This is post no. 8 under the main topic.
I think it is getting late to enter into the area of bioinformatics at this point. There were many openings before. But lately, this area is getting stagnated in terms of career prospects both in India and in the US. I see Indian students struggling to find bioinformatics jobs here in the US.

This is post no. 9 under the main topic.
Eventually the field of bioinformatics will just merge into the life sciences or computational areas and cease to exist as a specialization in itself.

This is post no. 10 under the main topic.
Bioinformatics is a really good field to study. And it can give an advantage when applying for many different jobs and phd studies. The expected salary after such an education should be pretty decent, depending on country and the type of job of course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scope of environmental biotechnology Simram 0 246 02-17-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Simram
  Scope of M.SC. Biotechnology in agriculture Aravind.M 0 369 01-02-2017, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Aravind.M
  Scope of career in Biotech | Take it or leave it? SunilNagpal 1 967 12-04-2016, 05:07 AM
Last Post: Malay
  Scope for B.Sc. Biotechnology with Life Sciences Shairil Daniel 6 1,190 12-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: swai nickson
  Scope after doing Btech Medical Biotechnology from DY Patil,Pune MissShelly97 0 1,016 06-25-2016, 03:11 AM
Last Post: MissShelly97

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)