sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
factors required for a centrifugation mass balance
Sad 
Hey guys I'm a new member here and stumbled upon this forum when i was looking for help for my bioprocessing project. I must note that there are few forums dedicated to this field a stark contrast to the field's actual size! Someone somewhere is missing a trick.

Anyway my problem is to do with the average disc-stack centrifuge with intermittent discharge. I'm using a program called Biosolve to show how cell engineered nuclease affects the standard platform for fab production using e coli. I have to mass balance by hand the centrifuge but i am unsure as how to do it. My supervisor was not very helpful in this matter, she only stated that i would need the density of the average fab, and the average % yield of a centrifuge. I am really stuck as to what factors i need to consider and what it is i need to do. Any help would be really helpful and greatly appreciated.

P.S. for example,I know 1000L of e coli broth is being harvested by the centrifuge, i know that a certain % of the broth has viable fab's and im thinking that the density will help somehow.

Thanks guys,

Latkan
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post