sales@biotechnologyforums.com to feature here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biological Characterization
I am working on a project and that requires various biological characterization of the specimen. I am a mechanical engineer so most of the things are just bouncing of my head. Can anyone please explain the following two procedures  Angel

1. Cytotoxicity Test
2. Hemolysis Test
Like Post Reply
Are trying to build a machine that does tests? I don't know what you are trying to do. If you are wondering about testing cytotoxicity of a chemical, etc., there are all sorts of ways. Toxins might act differently within an organism tha without (in vivo vs in vitro). A simple in vitro test is to have cells incubated in wells, expose them to chemical levels at various concentrations, and see if they live or not. As for hemolysis, I don't know what sort of perturbation might cause it in your case (mechanical disruption? toxin? other?). A general way to address this is to have RGBs alive in wells, expose them to the potentially offending factor, and then use a cell counter slide and a microscope to see how many are alive after the treatment relative to before the treatment.
Like Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread
Author
  /  
Last Post